SIRONA VS GB VAYA

Which seat is better, Cybex Sirona or GB Vaya?

Usually, when it comes to Sirona or GB vaya customers when purchasing, think that Sirona is a much more sophisticated model from a "world wide known manufacturer". Confident that GB is just a copy of Cybex, they are far from the truth. And it is:
On 27 January 2014, the Group entered into an Agreement to purchase the entire issued share capital of Columbus Holding GmbH (“Columbus Holding”), which is principally engaged in the design and sale of juvenile products under the “CYBEX” and “CBX” brands.

Speaking short tearms GB (Goodbaby international group) has been Cybexs owner for years now  Basketball 

But they decided to win over EU market with the already branded Cybex car seats. Production technology, and everything else that comes with Cybex's car seats, has long been taken over entirely by its sister company. If I'm not mistaken, GB owned Cybexes shares even before Sirona M came on the market. So Sirona and Vaya are practically same two car seats.

We will show the characteristics and differences of the 3 most popular car seats (in the 0 + / 1 version in the last fiew years) in a table. Sirona M, Sirona S and GB Vaya. Differences in the characteristics are highlighted in red.

CharacteristicsSirona M I-sizeSirona S I-sizeGB Vaya
ADAC test result2.22.32.3
Price (full)cca 2900 kn3149 kn3149 kn
Rotation SystemThis lightweight infant car seat fulfills the latest safety standards and completes the 'family-system' together with the Base M and the Sirona M2 i-Size offering one base for two car seatsThe innovative 360° rotating mechanism of the Sirona S i-Size makes switching between rearward and forward-facing position easy.The innovative 360° rotating mechanism of the Sirona S i-Size makes switching between rearward and forward-facing position easy.
L.S.P. SystemThe integrated linear side-impact protectors (L.S.P. System) fold out on the side facing the door, reducing the force of a side-impact collision at a very early stage of impact.The integrated linear side-impact protectors (L.S.P. System) fold out on the side facing the door, reducing the force of a side-impact collision at a very early stage of impact.The integrated linear side-impact protectors (L.S.P. System) fold out on the side facing the door, reducing the force of a side-impact collision at a very early stage of impact.
M-line modular systemYES  (base can be separated and used on a 0+ car seat)NO  (base can be separated and used on a 0+ car seat)NO  (base can be separated and used on a 0+ car seat)
Adjustable head rest12-position height adjustable headrest with integrated harness guides that grow with your child.U 12 položaja visine prilagodljiv naslon za glavu s integriranim vodilicama pojasa koji raste s vašim djetetom.12-position height adjustable headrest with integrated harness guides that grow with your child.
Newborn inlayIncludedIncludedIncluded
Recline functionEasily adjusts to the perfect position (rearward facing: 5 positions; forward facing: 3 positions)Easily adjusts to the perfect position (rearward facing: 5 positions; forward facing: 3 positions)Easily adjusts to the perfect position (rearward facing: 5 positions; forward facing: 3 positions)
Seat shapeEnergy-absorbing shell:
Absorbs the forces of an impact and protectively covers the baby
Energy-absorbing shell:
Energy-absorbing shell:
Broj položajaOne-hand recline function:
Easily adjusts to the perfect position (rearward facing: 5 positions; forward facing: 3 positions)
One-hand recline function:
Easily adjusts to the perfect position (rearward facing: 5 positions; forward facing: 3 positions)
One-hand recline function:
DDCNemaThe Driving Direction Control (DDC) prevents misuse of the forward-facing position of the car seat. It ensures the forward-facing position is not used before the child is at least 16 months old and 76 cm tall.The Driving Direction Control (DDC) prevents misuse of the forward-facing position of the car seat. It ensures the forward-facing position is not used before the child is at least 16 months old and 76 cm tall.
Dimensionslenght / width / height: 72 cm / 44 cm / 66 cm
weight: 14 kg
lenght / width / height: 70 cm / 43 cm / 63.5 cm
weight: 15 kg
lenght 70 cm / width 43 cm / height 63.5 cm /
weight: 14.9 kg.
ER - techThe Energy Reduction Technology of the Sirona S i-Size offers increased safety for your child in the forward-facing position in the event of a head-on collision. It reduces the forces on the neck of a child during a front crash by approximately 20%, compared to other existing harness systems.The Energy Reduction Technology of the Sirona S i-Size offers increased safety for your child in the forward-facing position in the event of a head-on collision. It reduces the forces on the neck of a child during a front crash by approximately 20%, compared to other existing harness systems.The Energy Reduction Technology of the Sirona S i-Size offers increased safety for your child in the forward-facing position in the event of a head-on collision. It reduces the forces on the neck of a child during a front crash by approximately 20%, compared to other existing harness systems.

And now to andswer the HOT question about GB/Cybex 0+/1 car seats PRODUCT DURABILITY ...  Exclamation

Both three car seats have been designed to fulfil its intended functions for a maximum of
four years of total use. However, since vehicles are subject to very great fluctuations in temperature and to unpredictable strains, the following points must
be observed:
- If the car is exposed to the bright sun the child seat must be removed from the car or covered with a light-colored cloth.
- Check all plastic and metal parts of the seat regularly for damage or alterations in shape or color. If you discover any alteration, the child seat must be disposed or it must be checked by the manufacturer and replaced if necessary.
- Alteration in the fabric of the upholstery, in particular fading, are normal after some years of use and do not represent damage.

I hope this post has helped you get rid of some prejudice and accept that even the lesser-known brand can be just as good. And if there is no Sirona S in the sale at a certain moment, you can just buy THE SAME THING...
GB VAYA.

Done by
ajmecici